Site Maintenance Scheduled: May 31st Our site will be down and change it's name to www.IllinoisLiteracyInAction.org as of June 1st, 2017. We are excited to share updates with you as we transition over to housing standards aligned instruction for all literacy strands. You will be redirected to the new site--please bookmark the new URL. Thanks for your patience!
Grade Specific Resources for Writing
Writing Best Practices
- Writing Standards
- Common Core Writing Standards: Appendix: pages 23-25
- Writing to Read: Evidence for How Writing Can Improve Reading
- What Works: Teaching Elementary School Students to be Effective Writers
- Writing Next: Effective Strategies to Improve Writing of Adolescents in Middle and High School
- Writing Now: A Policy Research Brief produced by the National Council of Teachers in English
- Teaching Secondary Students to Write Effectively NEW!
- Foundational Skills to Support Reading for Understanding in Kindergarten through Third Grade NEW!
**Items previously located here have been moved to the button titled "Teacher Leaders"